Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Location: Leduc Shopping Centre
Why is this role important?
Shoppers Drug Mart is looking for pharmacists who are passionate about patient care and making a difference. As a member of our team, you'll work in a dynamic environment alongside a group of like-minded professionals who share your commitment to patient care. We are excited to announce that this location recently opened a Pharmacy Care
Our Pharmacy Care Clinics provide the opportunity for you to practice patient care in a clinic environment while still providing support with dispensary and pharmacy workflow activities.
In return, we offer: a competitive compensation package, supportive work environment, and flexible scheduling options. If we haven’t sparked your interest, there are even more reasons to consider joining our team. In addition to the benefits already mentioned, we also offer:
- Continuous in-house training and education
- An employee discount program
- A ‘LEAD’ program for pharmacists interested in becoming future Associate-Owners
- License Reimbursement
- Employee benefits and matching contributions towards a Registered Retirement
Savings Plan (RRSP)
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Patient assessments to prescribe new medications/extend existing medications
- Travel Health Consultations
- Chronic Disease Management via medication reviews
- Administration of medications by injection
- Point of Care screening/swabs
- Providing lab requisitions and interpreting lab results
- Collaboration with other HCPs to establish circles of care for patients
- Counselling patients on prescription medication use
- Dispensary activity and pharmacy workflow activity
To be successful in this role, we require:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Alberta Pharmacist License
- Additional Prescribing Authorization (APA) certification or currently pursuing certification
- Injection certification
- A minimum Level C First Aid certification
- Additional accreditations are an asset (e.g., CDE, CRE, CTH, etc.)
- Knowledge of HealthWATCH® pharmacy software an asset
- Superior customer relations skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills including the experience formulating and executing action plans
If you're excited about the opportunity to work in a dynamic, driven, and supportive environment that values your skills, talents, and contributions, we'd love to welcome you aboard!
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55.00-$60.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Leduc, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- pharmacist: 1 year (preferred)
- Pharmacy License (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-12-01