Thank you for your interest in this job. Please read the entire posting before applying.
This is an hourly contract/freelance position, with the hours varying between 10 and 20 per week. You will submit an invoice at the end of each month for the hours you worked. You will get paid within 7-14 days via a direct deposit to your bank.
We run a site delivering thoroughly researched and high-quality value guides for various collectible coins. This content will expand in the future, but, for now, this is our focus.
You will start with one article per week. As you show mastery of our content and process, you will get more articles to do per week.
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Someone who either is now or is willing to become passionate about this work
- Most importantly, someone who is willing to do the research to fully understand the coins they’re writing about as well as the many nuances for each (collectible coins have many)
- Someone who is able to produce content that only needs minimal editing and double-checking
- At least two years of professional experience with researching, writing, and, preferably, coins or similar collecting hobbies.
- Someone who can complete at least 2-3 2,000-word articles per week.
- A willingness to learn new processes and ways of doing things, even unconventional ones
- Someone who is open to feedback and implements it quickly to produce the desired results
- Someone willing to follow our process (we welcome suggestions, but as with anything, some parts cannot be changed)
What we are NOT looking for:
- SEO “specialists”
- Applicants with little to no experience
Some benefits of this job include:
- Working your own schedule (as long as you meet production goals and communicate that schedule)
- Being a part of a passionate team
- Building your resume, skills, and experience
- On-the-job training (there’s a lot to learn, and we will help you with all of it)
- Building a portfolio
The job duties will include the following:
- Using a template and writing from scratch at least 2-3 articles per week
- Always meeting deadlines
- Staying in communication with the editor
- Adapting to any changes in the process
- Doing the necessary research and corroborating it
- Using the provided templates and resources
- Ensuring high-quality content
- Doing everything without the aid of AI (except for tools such as Grammarly to double-check work)
- To make any corrections as suggested by the editor
- To never plagiarize, article spin, or anything similar
- And more
In summary, we’re seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, passionate writer with excellent research skills. We prefer someone with polished writing skills, but we will train you on our process regardless.
To demonstrate you have read the entire description, please add these words to the cover letter or to any of the questions as the first words: [I feel great!]. This shows you are detail-oriented and read everything carefully. Thank you in advance for reading this thoroughly.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
-The Quality Websites Team
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- What makes you interested in this job?
- What is your research process, and how does it create accurate and better-quality content?
- What is your background in research?
- What is your writing background?
- What contributions have you made to your clients beyond what they’ve asked for (and that have had a noticeable effect)?
- How do you balance deadlines with doing thorough research and creating high-quality content?
- How many hours can you work per week?
- What schedule can you work?
- Please share at least two examples of related work
Work Location: Remote