Always there. Anywhere. That’s us! A team committed to delivering inspired solutions for a better world. We care for our communities and each other, and we are committed to showing up for those who need us. We value and encourage diversity, and we have the courage to do the right thing, even when it’s hard.
We’re looking for someone who cares about their work and strives for more each day. Someone who challenges the status quo, embraces change, and thrives in a collaborative work environment. If you are someone who approaches work with passion, curiosity and the courage to innovate, then this role is for you
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to join us in the exciting work we do in Corporate Compliance. Reporting to the Vice President, Enterprise Integrity and Compliance, it will be your responsibility to proactively, effectively, and independently manage the Vice President’s day-to-day administrative requirements through the application of sound knowledge of the business, with strong technical skills and good judgment. It'll be your responsibility to act as a key liaison interacting with senior levels within the ATCO group of companies. This position will you will also carry out supportive tasks that contribute to the general efficiency of the department. This position deals with highly confidential information and requires the ability to exercise considerable discretion, judgment, and independent decision making.
What Else You Get To Do:
- Proactively co-ordinate the Vice President’s day-to-day administrative requirements, including managing complex calendars and maintaining hard/soft copies of reports and files.
- Provide administrative support to other leaders within Enterprise Integrity and Compliance.
- Assist with drafting and management of legal and other documents.
- Manage department SharePoint hub and other resources, including supporting management of Company policies and procedures.
- Support annual company-wide training processes.
- Support Committee and other meetings; co-ordinate all meeting requirements, including collection or preparation of background material and preparation of minutes.
- Refer general inquiries from internal and external parties at all levels in the context of a strong understanding of the Vice President’s and department’s/company’s priorities.
- Set up meetings, arrange travel, track absences and vacations.
- Independently manage, coordinate and execute various on and offsite events and meetings, including hosting and organizing events for the team.
- Consolidate information and compile reports and/or presentations, including financials, through the application of well-developed skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word for high level audiences.
- Prepare expense reports on a timely basis.
- Assist the Vice President in the annual budgeting process as well as coordinate accruals.
- Anticipate the Vice President’s needs and make confident decisions to contribute to an organized work environment.
- Establish and maintain positive, productive working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Manage working relationships in a manner that facilitates a positive corporate image, builds morale and supports co-operation.
Who You Are:
- Post-secondary education and experience as a Legal Assistant is preferred; Business Administration is an asset.
- Experience in performing administrative functions for executive levels.
- Experienced in handling highly sensitive and confidential information as well as a full understanding and respect for the treatment of these matters and acts accordingly.
- Leadership (formal or informal) experience would be considered an asset.
- Advanced professional interpersonal skills for interacting effectively with all levels.
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Conscientious self-starter who enjoys working in a team environment, needs minimal supervision, and can prioritize workload under pressure.
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, MS Teams, SharePoint.
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment in handling confidential information.
- Flexible and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer:
- A culture based on caring, integrity, agility, collaboration, and striving for excellence
- Competitive compensation
- Flex benefits
- Tuition assistance program
- Training and mentorship programs
- Charitable donation matching
We thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
CU Inc. is part of ATCO Ltd. ATCO delivers inspired solutions for a better world. We are a diversified global corporation with investments in the essential services of Structures & Logistics, Utilities, Energy Infrastructure, Retail Energy, Transportation and Commercial Real Estate. Learn more about how we build communities, energize industries and deliver customer-focused solutions like no other company in the world at www.atco.com.
At ATCO, we support a diverse and inclusive environment that values the contributions and perspectives of everyone on the ATCO team. We believe the ATCO team is the foundation of our business and our most valuable asset across our global operations. Without each team members’ unique skills, strengths, and knowledge, we simply wouldn’t be able to achieve our fundamental vision of delivering life’s essential services to our customers around the world.
ATCO is an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.