Brome is a family-owned Canadian business serving customers all over the world. Brome designs, obtains patents, manufactures, and sells premium, environmentally responsible Lawn and Garden products. Brome has become known as the leader in the squirrel-proof bird feeder category, winning several awards since it’s inception. Its main markets being the United States (82%), Canada (12%) and the United Kingdom (6%).
Brome is committed to maintaining a positive customer experience from start to finish. We do this by providing the best technology in the industry then offering expert customer service to help owners with any needed maintenance, making it easy to maintain, repair, and preserve their bird feeders.
When you join the Brome family, you become part of a proud 38-year history of providing high-quality products to customers worldwide. A position at Brome is more than just a job – we honor the time and dedication that our people give by providing sustained and meaningful employment and we strive to provide an environment where learning and development are encouraged.
- Report directly to the Director General
- Manage entire accounting and reporting process of Brome and other related companies.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce policies and procedures.
- Key role in HR management
- Proven experience as an Accounting Manager, Controller, or in a similar role within the imports/distribution industry.
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Strong communication skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting standards, and regulatory compliance (GAAP, IFRS, etc.)
- Leadership and team management skills
- Knowledge of accounting software - Sage, Simply Accounting, and Bluelink or similar ERP.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, ability to present complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CA, CPA designation a plus
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in accounting and finance
- Work in Knowlton, Quebec office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Knowlton, QC J0E 1V0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounting: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person