**JOINING BONUS FOR $ 250 **
Salary and benefits:
· Hourly base plus monthly bonus on performance to start with
· Complete benefit package (Health/Dental/Vision/EAP etc.) for full time employee (You can opt out if you want)
· 3 months probation
· Paid training
· Our refrigerator and racks are always full of goodies, chips and healthy snacks.
· We offer flexible work schedule with 10 hr/shift for 5 days in a week.
· Over time may be available from time to time with extra pay
· Safely drive and operate your delivery vehicle at all times. The delivery vehicle is cargo van similar to Ford Transit.
· Use hand-held device for routing information and customer delivery information. Experience with smart phones use and GPS is required.
· Navigate a variety of routes throughout delivery area. Be comfortable driving throughout Edmonton
· Able to hop on-off the van 150-200 times to deliver the parcel
· Must be comfortable driving and working in varying weather conditions.
· Load and unload packages to be delivered.
· Perform the following tasks: Lift packages up to 23kg (50lbs.)
· Enter and exit delivery vehicle, and walk up and down stairs, driveways, sidewalks throughout your shift.
· You are required to collaborate with local OTR and operations manager to make sure loading of van at the start of the day is complete
· Meet all safety and quality requirements as set and provided training on
· Meet daily provided package delivery target
· Be available to act as RESCUE HERO in case other colleagues need help
· Make sure the package is handled carefully and delivered to customer by following process
· Make sure you drive safe and your safety is utmost important to us.
· Bring any undelivered packages back at the station and make sure they are stored properly.
· You are responsible to take care of company properties such as vehicle, cell phone and other provided equipment.
· Remember, “SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST”.
· Be CUSTOMER OBSESSED!
· A Class 5 Driving License is required. Class 5 GDL is also acceptable.
· Legally eligible to work in Canada.
· Able to use GPS, cell phone apps, texting, scanning with ease
· Familiarity with navigating Edmonton area
· Previously delivery experience will be an asset and cargo van driving 6. experience will be considered an asset.
· Attention to details is required to make sure on road and delivery accidents are minimized
· Must be able to operate and navigate a delivery van, GVWR minimum 4500kg (10,000 lbs.) or more.
· Must be able to move boxes up to 23kg (50 lbs.), with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Must consent to a drug screening.
· Must have good communication skills and the ability to work well with customers
· We strive to deliver packages and smiles to our customers. We Offer Full and Company vehicle (Cargo Van) provided! No Commercial Driver’s License required!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- EDMONTON, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have min class 5 License with clean 5 years driver abstract?
- Do you have min 1 year experience driving bigger vehicles such as cargo vans and box trucks?
- Do you have reliable vehicle to commute to work?
- Do you have any courier driving such as Fedex, Canada Post or other food delivery experience?
- Have you been referred by a current employee? If yes type their name.
- delivery driving: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person