AgriHub Inc., headquartered in Blumenort, MB, holds ownership of Western Canada’s premier agricultural equipment and supply companies such as Penner Farm Services, Western Ag Systems and United Agri Systems. Specializing in the Dairy, Hog, Grain, Poultry and Manure Management sectors, we provide our farming partners with custom tailored Design-Build, Service and Supply solutions.
We are currently recruiting for an Accountant – Team Lead for our Blumenort, MB location. The Accountant – Team Lead is responsible for the timely and accurate recording of financial transactions on an ongoing basis. Duties include:
- Supervise the Accounts Payable team at Penner Farm Services and coordinate payments for key vendors across the AgriHub group of companies.
- Monitor and supervise daily accounting transactions for Penner Farm Services.
- Troubleshoot daily accounting a coding issues that arise across GL accounts.
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring to team members, as necessary.
- Review and approve weekly and bi-weekly vendor payments.
- Review and analyze future cash requirements to assist corporate treasury with ongoing cash management.
- Review and record monthly accounting transactions.
- Review and reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Lead month end closing processes with finance team.
- Identify and initiate process improvement through the analysis of financial data.
- Assist in preparations for the annual audit engagement.
- Assist in the recruitment process for the Finance team.
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned.
- · Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting role
- · CPA candidate or designation is considered an asset.
- · Leadership skills with experience in building a cohesive team and a positive working environment.
- · Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- · Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly intermediate to advanced Excel.
- · Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains accounting software and related applications is considered an asset
- · Mathematical and analytical skills.
- · Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- · Excellent attention to detail.
- · Ability to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- · Good internal/external client orientation and good teamwork skills.
- · Ability to maintain confidential information.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Blumenort, MB R0A 0A0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounting: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person