Uni-Fab, a global provider in custom fabrication of aluminum, steel and stainless steel products has an opening for a Senior Accountant.
The Senior Accountant will have responsibility for the financial records and reporting for a Uni-Fab related company. This will include the day-to-day accounting, budgeting, analysis and reporting.
Further, the Senior Accountant will process weekly payroll for 200 employees. This responsibility will include related reports on staffing at Uni-Fab.
The Senior Accountant will be required to interpret and implement accounting concepts or techniques for financial planning and control.
Cost Accounting understanding in a manufacturing environment will be essential.
- Responsible for all aspects of a Uni-Fab related company’s financial records and reports
- Offer guidance and leadership to management on financial matters
- Inter-company transaction monitoring
- Analysis and recommendations on budgeting and costing methods
- Weekly payroll and related reports and analysis for Uni-Fab
- Support of ERP Utilization
- Development and documentation of control processes
- Accounting Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting
- Accounting Designation an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Previous experience in financial reporting, analysis and budgeting
- Cost Accounting experience
- Payroll experience (current)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented and organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with high credibility at all levels of the organization
- Must demonstrate flexibility and the ability to prioritize tasks, with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines
- Self-motivator with ability to work independently
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Uni-Fab will provide accommodations when requested by the applicant.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Accounting: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person