Evolution Mining Limited
The purpose of the Operator – Grader role is to support the Cochenour Mine by consistently operating a modern midsize grader in the underground operations, ensuring level ground.
- Roster: 5 days on / 2 days off
- Local Position only/NO FIFO-CAMP
- We offer competitive salaries, bonus structures and future growth
- Location: Red Lake, Canada
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
Evolution Mining is a premier global gold company. We were created in late 2011 and operate five wholly owned mines across Australia and Ontario, Canada.
We are committed to supporting the communities in which we operate, with local applicants encouraged to apply.
The safety, health and wellbeing of our people and the communities in which we operate are of paramount importance to us. We believe that every injury is preventable, and we are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace and empowering our people to stop any unsafe behaviour, enabling everyone to work together towards an injury free workplace.
About our Operation
Our Red Lake Operation is located in an area where you will experience the best in Northern lifestyle, in the heart of a lake-studded, boreal forest region in Sunset Country. Red Lake is known for its natural beauty, abundant wildlife, and incredible Canadian fishing in the many freshwater lakes in the area. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in Northwestern Ontario, Canada. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Our Red Lake Operation includes underground mining and processing complexes in Balmertown and Cochenour. As Evolution’s newest asset and our first in North America, we are excited by the opportunities here.
About the role
The Operator - Grader role offers an exceptional opportunity to properly operate the underground grader and maintain the main ramp at Cochenour Mine.
Key result areas in this role include:
- Complying with safety and underground procedures
- Complete pre-operational and operational checks on the grader
- Demonstrate high standards for equipment operation and supporting overall company goals
- Commit to reporting unsafe conditions and hazards as per company policy
As an Operator - Grader, you will have Secondary School Diploma (Grade 12 or equivalent). It is also important that you have/ can demonstrate:
- Ontario Underground Hard Rock Common Core qualifications – specifically module 0022 – Operate Grader, 0011 – Extend Services, and 0015 – Maintain Tire and Multi-piece Wheel Assemblies
- Ability to operate heavy equipment in tight spaces and a busy work environment
- Willingness to relocate to Red Lake \* NO FIFO
- Possess a strong work ethic, high level of energy, self-motivated, and excellent attendance
- Demonstrated previous experience as a grader operator (specifically CAT UG20K) is considered an asset
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact [email protected]
External candidates can apply online by visiting https://careers.evolutionmining.com.au
Internal candidates must apply through ERROLL under internal vacancies and inform your supervisor
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision. As an equal opportunity employer, Evolution is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accomodations are avilable on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: On the road