Who gets hired: Why employers select one candidate over another
Hiring managers were recently asked - if they were considering two candidates with the exact same credentials, what would most influence them to choose one candidate over the other?
Here's what they said >>
The real reason you didn't get the job?
How confident are you in what your references actually say about you when they speak to potential employers? You'd better be sure before handing them over.
[VIDEO] Watch what happens when a candidate doesn't >>
An introduction to using social media as a powerful job search tool
What you post and how you appear on your social networking sites can make or break your chances of landing the job. Make sure your online profiles are powerful career assets (and not liabilities.)
Here are four basic ways to get started >>
Canadian salary increases coming for 2014
According to a new employer survey, Canadian workers should see their paycheques growing next year. However the increases won't be spread evenly across all regions and industries.
Here's where the money is expected to be >>
- How having more sex leads to earning more money
- Warning signs that you're about to lose your job
- Too hot for the office? What not to wear to work (even in summer)
- Where the job creation is: The top 10 growing job categories
- How to break into an industry where you have little or no experience
- The university degrees with the highest (and lowest) unemployment rates